Thursday, March 11, 2010

If only I had known!

 So if I would have known that our family would have gotten the horrible stomach bug I probably would have skipped this fun trip to the museum!!! I am guessing this is where Wade picked it up at? However Wade had a blast and it was so much fun watching him play. We went to Marbles on Friday with our friends Melissa and Debbie and their kids. Saturday we had a relaxing day, Wade and I had a little cold but nothing too bad. We all went out to eat Saturday night to Sweet Tomatoes and Wade ate more than Josh and I did!!! He just kept eating. I started noticing something was different on Sunday. We went to church and when Josh picked him up they said he did not drink his bottle and he slept the whole time. Excuse me what child are you talking about because mine has never refused his bottle ever and he never sleeps while being held especially while a stranger is holding him. Well I had lunch plans with some girlfriends so Josh took Wade home and he was not his normal self. He did not eat all day and was fussy. Sunday night was not great but I figured it must be from the formula.... oh Saturday I switched him to soy based formula because he had been having lots of gas issues with the regular similac. So Monday it all started. I woke up feeling bad and Wade had had bad diapers all night. I started getting sick that morning and called Josh and asked him nicely to get home as soon as he could. Well of course he was out of town so he could not get back until 1pm. I thought I may die in the mean time but thank goodness Wade was able to play on the floor by himself and I just laid on the couch and watched and ran back and forth to the bathroom. Josh finally made it home and I did nothing the rest of the day. Wade continued not wanting to eat and had bad diapers all day/night. He did not start throwing up until early Tuesday morning around the same time Josh started feeling uneasy. Josh was so sweet; he told me he prayed Wade would stop throwing up and that he would start instead... well God was listening because after that Wade did not throw up anymore until the next night and poor Josh started. Josh stayed in bed all day Tuesday. Wade has also been sleeping so much, not wonderful at night but two 2-3 hour naps during the day. So long story short, none of us has eaten much in the last three days. I was able to eat yesterday. Thank goodness Wade likes water so much because I was able to get him to drink some here and there and Josh was able to keep Gatorade down. Today is the first days since Monday that Wade has wanted a bottle of formula. I tried Pedialyte but he would have nothing to do with it. So I am hoping this nasty stomach bug is out the door. I have done at least 12 loads of laundry and cleaned and lisoled everything I can think of. Spring please hurry up and get here!


Tyler, Wade and Victoria playing in the car

His favorite exhibit

Looking at the fish

He loved this one as well

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the dreaded stomach bug!!! We had our first round of it in our household when Owen was 10 months old and it was awful :( We have had it make its way around our entire family 4 times since. I swear, there is nothing more contagious than the stomach bug...it seems to grab hold and spread like wildfire! I also swear that I would rather have a cold for the rest of my life than get the stomach bug in our household EVER again!! And, I mean it!!! Oh, and don't think that you are safe from it when Spring comes because 3 of those 5 times we had it were in Spring/Summer. I think the stomach bug doesn't understand that sickness is a Winter thing, but I really wish someone would inform it of that fact!! So glad you are all feeling better. I completely understand just how rough that can be.

    ReplyDelete