Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Fun

Last weekend we headed home to Winston to see Josh's family. We had a great time. I had to work Sunday afternoon so we didn't get to stay as long as we wanted but it was still great to be back. We had not been back since Christmas. Wade of course started getting a cold Saturday, it never fails when we are traveling, so he did not sleep great. He did ok but he never does well in the pack-n-play. Saturday we got up and we all headed to the hospital to have lunch with Kendal. We are so proud of her for hanging in there and keeping those babies healthy. She was admitted to the hospital around 29 weeks and on Monday she will be 34 weeks. I can't imaging how hard it has been being away from home, Matthew and Peyton but the babies have gotten so much bigger and stronger!!! We all ate in the cafeteria and we had so much fun. She can have wheelchair rides so she can get out of her hospital room. After lunch Josh and his dad took Wade home for his nap and his mom and I went shopping. Winston has two of the best consignment shops ever. I try to go every time we go there. We all went out to eat Mexican for dinner and then Josh, Matthew, Peyton and I headed back to the hospital to spend some more time with Kendal and take her some fresh fruit! I know that hospital food must get old. Peyton is so cute when we pull up to the hospital she will say "Momma's house." Bless her heart she thinks her mom lives there now. We got up Sunday and went to see Josh's grandma and then headed to see my Grandparents. We are so blessed that all of our families are only 30 min. away from each other. We spent some time with them and some of my cousins and then headed to see Ashley and Zach's new house. It is only about 5-10 minutes from my grandparents house. It is so cute and I think they are going to love it. They are closing on Friday. We had such a great time seeing our family and we will get to go back in two weeks for Wade's Birthday. I can't believe my baby will be one is less than two weeks. I can't wait to show everyone his little birthday outfit and Easter outfit. They are precious!!!!

Wade playing with Nana's balloon



Nana and her babies( Just think two more boys will be here soon)



Wade trying on his water shoes for the lake (thanks nana)

Wade & Logan- Logan is my cousin's little boy


Mema & Wade
Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention what Wade is doing these days.... for the first time since he was born he has stopped getting up at 5am to eat!!!! I don't know if it was the whole milk that did it or the table food but he does not have breakfast until 8-830am. Now most nights he still wakes up at least once and cries but it is getting so much better. Last night he slept from 8-8:15am and only cried for about 15 minutes. We are so proud of him. His other new thing is... he loves to make the Lion and Cow sound. He is doing so well and almost has the cat sound too. Yesterday in Chick-fil-a he was "mooing" and I looked over at the door and he was looking at the cow picture and making the moo sound. He is also walking so well with his push toys, he will walk all over the house. I could just eat him up. I think he is going to be smarter than I am!!

1 comment:

  1. I was for sure you were going to say that Wade is walking. In that one picture of him with Logan, it definitely looks like he is walking away from Josh :)

    ReplyDelete