Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 6th, 2013

On Westin Kate's 1st birthday I tried to take pictures of everything we did so I would have a little "day in the life" post so I could look back years from now and see exactly what we did on her birthday. So here goes...

We started out with a little breakfast and some play time at home before we headed out to take Wade to school.




This is a daily event at our house...crawling away as fast as you can and heading for the stairs!! You can see in a couple of pictures down from here that she has mastered the stairs. Going up that is! She also played some with Wade and with her balloons from her party.





Time for school! We came home after school and she helped me put some clothes away in her closet and then it was time for her morning nap. She loves to sit and play in her bed or look at her books for a few minutes before going to sleep.




After her morning nap we played some in the playroom and drank a little milk :) We met Josh for lunch at Subway so he could see the birthday girl!  After lunch we did a little shopping in Walmart that took WAY too long because I had these sweet babies with me. Then it was time to come home for naps.





After their afternoon nap we decided to go on a little bike ride to the park. Westin Kate thinks she is a big girl now that she gets to ride her bike. She loves to wave to everyone while we are walking.







After playing for a little bit we headed back home to have dinner with my family. My mom was sick and could not come. She was so sad because she is hardly ever sick but was actually pretty sick and did not want to spread germs to the birthday girl (or anyone else!) While we were waiting on the food to cook Ashley and I dressed WK up for her 12 month old birthday pictures. We also had one of my old dresses from my 1st birthday and so we got some pictures of her wearing it on her birthday. I can't believe how good the dress looks considering it is 30 years old!!









My big girl wearing my old dress!! This is her favorite place to stand and play and I pray that when they installed these rails that they put them in good. 




Time for some birthday dinner. Josh grilled for us and we had some veggies too!





I love this picture of our crazy and busy one year old...I guess she was done eating :)


Daddy with the birthday girl. She got a little birthday treat. Girl scout cookies. They were the peanut butter one's so we let her have PB for the first time. Thankfully she did fine with it.


Here she is opening her birthday presents that we saved for her. We saved a few little goodies so she could open some on her actual birthday. 






It was a great day. I hope that she had a great birthday. We did baths and then bed and I forgot to take pictures doing that. I was worn out from our busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment