Thursday, February 14, 2013

A little overdue...1st Birthday Party!!

Warning this is picture overload. Westin Kate had the best little birthday party on February 2nd, 2013!! It was mostly family with two of her little baby friends and their parents/grandparents also. It was so laid back because it was at our house. We enjoyed eating and catching up with everyone. Here are some pictures of her the morning of her birthday party. You will see our little climber in action!! She was helping her Daddy put together her new "bike!" 




We didn't really have a "theme" for the party except for PINK. Almost everything was pink. We added a little purple and teal in there but all the food on the dinning room table was pink. We had pink cookies, a pink cake, pink yogurt for the kids, pink juice boxes, pink chocolate covered pretzels, pink candy, pink suckers...you get the idea. In the kitchen we had pigs in a blanket, meatballs, little hot dogs, party mix and chips and salsa. We also made a fruit punch/lime punch. I didn't go all out by any means but I think that it turned out cute. My mom made her pink high chair cover and tutu and it was my  most favorite thing at her party. It was so girly and I loved it!! Ashley bought her a sweet smocked dress for Christmas and it looked so cute on her. 




You can see how cooperative my almost 4 year old was with pictures...you have to love that age!!





As hard as I try to make her girly she loves her brothers boy toys :)



Sweet little friends... Hadley is one of WK's friends from church and Mason is the little boy of one of our closest family friends. His mom and I have been friends since middle school! And here is the difference between Wade and WK. Wade sat and loved opening his gifts on his first bday. WK could not get away fast enough. She was interested for about one second and then she wanted to find the big kids. This girl is crazy!!





We had to have a little outfit change to get ready for cake. She looked so cute in her little pink tutu.









She was all done with cake at this point and she was tired!! She didn't nap very long so she was spent. She liked the cake but she didn't love it as much as I though she would.












We had a great time and I think that she enjoyed her birthday party. Josh and I were worn out by the time it was done. We just left the house a mess and relaxed and went to bed. Still can't believe her 1st birthday has come and gone. I am going to do a one year old post soon but I want to wait until we go to the doctor next week so I can get her height and weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment