Thursday, August 16, 2012

The week after...

Oh the dreaded week after vacation-thankfully it is Thursday. Everyone is unpacked-except Josh!! We have gotten back into our night time routine with Wade (so thankful for this.) We have had some play dates and even made a trip to the doctors.

Westin Kate has her first ear infection :( Oh here we go-Wade was 6 months old when his started. She started with a little cold the last few days of our trip but what made me take her in was her waking up screaming at night. Classic sign of an infection in our house. Wade did the same thing. So Tuesday morning I took her in and sure enough she has an infection in one ear. I have my fingers crossed that this is a one time thing and it will not turn out the way it did for wade. He had 6 infections in three months and ended up with tubes. We go back this Friday for her 6 month appt and a follow up with her ears. She slept in her crib all night last night so I am pretty sure the abx is working. I guess I should be thankful that she is 6 months old and this is her first time on medicine. I honestly was expecting it sooner with her being the 2nd child.

My phone decided to jump off our stroller and into the swimming pool this week. So I have been without it for a couple of days. I had to jump in and save it like I was saving one of our children. Of course it floated all the way to the bottom so I am sure it will never work again. Currently it is sitting in a bag of rice.

Wade tells me today "you have asked me that one million times!" Oh this child...I guess I am asking him too much if his sister is awake or asleep in her car seat. He also told me today "I need you to work on this yelling thing" I almost busted out laughing at this one. I told him if he would stop with the whining I wouldn't have to raise my voice at him. He just smiled. He was one of those children who was so good at the age of 2. He never threw a fit, never had a tantrum in public-nothing. Well now we are making up for it because he is extra whinny lately and just not listening like I want him to. I think it is time for him to get back to school and back to having some structure. Or maybe we just need that 4th birthday to hurry up and get here. Of course I am just kidding-I don't want to wish time away because it goes too fast already. However I do hear that age 3 is the worst age for a lot of people and it gets better when they turn 4!! I really really try hard not to yell at him but occasionally it is needed-today was one of those days :) We are just going to say "its the week after vacation-back to reality!"

No comments:

Post a Comment