Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lately

I can't believe I have not taken any pictures since the beach. I think I took so many at the beach that my poor camera needed a break!! I did take a few new one's from Josh's phone so I need to get those uploaded. We have had a good couple of weeks since vacation. It has been nice to be at home and not have too much too do. We have had lots of play dates and pool days and have been trying to enjoy these last few weeks of summer.

This past weekend Josh and I had some of our old friends over from ECU for a cookout. Its funny because Josh didn't know them in college (I cheered with them) but they all get along great. Jamey one of the guys that I cheered with has just been hired at Josh's company. Josh is so excited to have some help and he thinks Jamey is going to do a great job. Saturday morning Josh played golf with his old college roomates and had a blast. I am so thankful he has such great guy friends. I am also thankful that we had a girls night Saturday night!! It worked well because I didn't feel bad for leaving him with the kiddos that night because I had them most of the day.

Saturday was a surprise party for one of my very best friends ever. Kelly turned 30 and her family had a surprise party for her. I hate that I had to get there late but I had to work :( Kelly and I have been friends since we were 5 and we used to live beside them. Now if I can just get them to move back one day!! After her party I went out with some girlfriends for a little while. It was nice to sit and catch up for a little bit. Sunday Nana and Poppy came and we had a great day. Wade was so excited that they were coming. He enjoyed their visit so much. He is even more excited that we may get to see them again next weekend.


Last night Josh and I went to open house at Wade's school. We got to go into his classroom and meet his teachers. I am SO excited for him this year. Miss Minda and Miss LeAnn seem wonderful. They are all about learning but in a fun way (which I love.) They said they "get messy" every day and that they will be playing in "shaving cream, pumpkins, and even pudding." They also said that they paint almost every day and that they hardly ever use a paint brush!! Basically they told us that they are going to do a lot of things that we would never let them do at home. My thoughts exactly!!!!!!! Wade still says he is going to be a bumble bee and isn't quite sure about getting new teachers. He LOVED his teachers from last year but after last night I think he is going to adjust quickly to the Frog class. We go Friday so he can meet his new teachers. This was Wade last night opening his present from his new teachers!



Wade trying to help his sister learn how to kick the soccer ball. I love that these sweet babies are starting to play together more and more.





This one is one of my new favorite's. Oh and Wade has been picking out his own outfit when we play at home...can't you tell? Just look at him in the last picture-super hero pj shirt with his plaid shorts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment