Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sleepy Land

Far Far away from here is a wonderful island. We will call it Sleepy Land!! One day Josh and I will take a trip there. On this island ALL the kids LOVE to sleep. They go to bed at 8pm and their parents have to wake them up at 8am. They never make a sound at night and always sleep perfectly. There is no teething-one night they go to bed and the next day they wake up and have all of their teeth!! Babies do not loose their paci's in the crib; they magically stay in their little mouths all night. Toddlers never wake up and yell "I have to go potty." They don't have bad dreams or wake up crying. Of course they always wake up happy and in the best mood after sleeping perfectly for 12 hours each night. It may be a couple of years before we travel to this magical place but one day we will be there!!

Don't we all wish this island really did exist. I love my sweet babies so much but oh my I am tired lately. I swear that they "talk" to each other each night before bed and plan out their attack on us. They decide which one is going to wake up and need us. Josh and I are so thankful that we have been given these sweet babies and that we have them here to wake us but we are tired. I don't need much but just a few more hours would be perfect. WK is going on 7 months old and I have not slept more than 5.5 hours straight. Now this is partially my fault but I just cannot make myself go to bed at 830p when they do. I need a few hours to unwind from my day.

So we are in the process of sleep training a certain little girl and overall it is going well. I am "encouraging" her to drop her dream feed and I am trying hard not to feed her before 5-6am. She was a great sleeper from the beginning (which I am so thankful for) but she just hasn't gotten better if that makes sense. She was doing 5 hr stretches when she was little but now it is time for her to be doing 10 hr stretches. So one step at a time we are getting there. It is SO much easier to just feed her and put her back down but I am really trying not to do that. So for now we will keep dreaming of that special place called Sleepy Land and one day we will all sleep through the night.

Teething hasn't helped our situation and yesterday (8/22/12) when she woke up she had her second little tooth popping through. The first tooth that came up was her bottom middle tooth on the right side and now there is a little corner of her bottom left tooth popping through. I can't believe she is old enough to almost have 2 teeth.

Wade normally sleeps great-usually around 11hours. He is doing great and not wearing night night underwear anymore and some nights he wakes up around 4am to potty. He also talks or yells in his sleep and it is so funny but it tends to wake us up. Every time we go in to check on him he is sleeping!! One day many years from now I will be dragging them both out of bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment