Monday, August 13, 2012

Beach Trip

We were so sad about leaving the beach yesterday. We have had a great time on vacation. 9 days went by way too fast (as it always does when you are away!) It started off a little hectic with us having to go grocery shopping for the week and getting EVERYTHING unpacked and organized. You forget how much you need for a baby. Someone Josh forgot the top part to our tent-so we only had the frame.  So we also had to make a Walmart run to get a new tent. We have learned that is something you must have with a baby. Thankfully they had a smaller one that was only $49 and it worked great. I guess next time we come we can use both of them together!


We had a really low key week/weekend and it was great!! We stayed up too late, slept a little later, took some naps, ate dinner at home, played on the beach, played at the pool, walked to get ice cream, watched the Olympics, and walked to the park. We also wanted to do some fun things with Wade while we were there. Josh and Wade played Putt Putt three times, we went to Barefoot landing twice (I Love that it is right across the street from the condo), went to Tanger once, went to Alligator Adventure twice (wade loved it so much) and went out to eat a couple of times. We mostly cooked at home and it was so much easier-that way we could stay out and play on the beach longer. I only wore makeup one night which was wonderful.

Wade slept in Nana & Poppy’s room almost every night and watched TV while falling asleep. He has never gotten to do this and he stayed up WAY too late every night. He was a little lot whinny at times but he loved it so we said “why not It’s his vacation too!” I told him he couldn’t do this when we go home and his response was “I don’t even have a TV in my room?” Oh he makes us laugh. He also said he was “zero tired” every day at nap time and each night. His “tummy was grumbling” every night around 930p too? He is swimming like a big boy and I can’t even believe it. It all started when I got him some goggles at the dollar store that covered his nose. I accidently cracked them and he got a really “cool” new pair at the beach. He is swimming under water in the pool and the ocean. He loved diving under the waves and he even learned how to do a front flip under water in the pool. We are so proud of him.

Westin Kate turned 6 months while we were there and started getting her first little tooth all in the same week. Her little front bottom tooth is coming in. She also had fruit for the first time this past week and seems to really like it. She has tried about three different fruits and vegetables now. She is at a hard age this year because I hate having her in the sun a lot but I think for the most part she really enjoyed the beach and pool. Next summer she will be running everywhere and I am sure I will look back and think this summer was a breeze!! She started getting a runny nose on Friday and I can’t tell if she has a cold or if all this is coming from her teething? She has only been fussy at night so I am thinking it’s her teeth.

Thanks Nana and Poppy for letting us stay all week at the condo. We are so thankful that they have such a great place for us to go and take the kids. We can’t wait to go back for Labor Day Weekend in three weeks. Wade was so sad to leave but he said he was so excited to go see his playroom-I think he missed his toys a little. I always hate leaving but I am excited to get back into our normal routine again. It is crazy to me that we only have a three more weeks of summer vacation before preschool starts back again. This summer has flown by-I really have to get organized and get things in gear for getting up three days a week and getting out of the house by 9am. I can’t believe he starts on Sept 5th. I took a TON of pictures and I think I will just do a couple of picture post over the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment