Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Detox

So someone in our household is going through detox this week. This little someone is 2.5 years old and we are going to call it "grandparent detox!" Now first let me say we are so grateful to my parents for taking such great care of Wade this past weekend. With that said let me say that he must not have wanted or needed anything all weekend. I am pretty sure he picked what they did, where they went and what they ate all weekend. So it is now detox time and it has been a trying few days. We have had some good moments but we have had some really bad one's too. He has been crying about anything that does not go his way (this is not my child...he never cries) I think it has been a combination of being overly tired and spoiled rotten.

I think it was harder on me too because Josh had to travel Monday night for work so it was just Wade and I until last night. Oh what fun it was for Josh when he got home. He looked at me like "who is this kid?" I will say this morning was so much better while getting ready for school. It was the first morning we haven't had to do time out or get a spanking. Wade just thinks everything is funny and laughs while getting in trouble! Hopefully by the end of the week we will have our well behaved (for the most part) child back.

He did say some things last night that were really funny, well not at the time but now it is funny. We stopped by mom and dad's house to show them his Halloween costume. Well of course once we got home he did not want to be the orange dinosaur but he wanted to be the green one. We had a 15 minute crying spell over this one and once he calmed down Josh actually ran back to target to get the green one. What happens next...he didn't want the green one after Josh brought it home. Oh if you could have seen Josh's face when Wade says "I don't want any of them!" My mom said it made her night just watching Josh trying not to loose it!

Well then it was time to go and our sweet child says randomly "I don't like my home!" I had to try so hard not to laugh out loud at him. We said what did you say? He says "I don't like my home I want to stay here." Then he proceeds to tell us "I don't like you guys anymore!" I was thinking that this didn't start until middle school. Josh says "well it looks like he is staying at Mimi and Pops forever!!" Of course Wade was trying his best to spend the night with them again (because there are very few rules) but we made him come home with us. When we got home we had another melt down about milk and once that was over he was fine.

Josh was reading to him while I went walking with my neighbor and Wade says, "I got you a baseball but I can't find it." All wade wanted to get for Josh's birthday was a green baseball. Well I did the best I could and found a neon yellow softball and Wade was so excited to give it to him. We forgot on Sunday night but I found it last night and Wade was so happy to give it to Josh. He was so proud that he picked out a present for his daddy. Here are a couple of pictures from Josh's birthday night at my parents house.







No comments:

Post a Comment