Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Trip

We had a great time this past weekend. Wade and I headed down to the lake Friday. We stopped by the zoo since it was on the way. Josh headed to the lake Friday night and was trying to get there in time to see Wade before bed but he somehow got a rip/tear in his tire and got a flat tire. Of course he was on hwy 85 which is so busy. Luckily he was able to get to an exit ramp where he was safe. 3 hours later he made it to the lake. Zach and his uncle's went to help him because Josh's jack did not work so luckily between the 4 of them they got the tire changed finally! I was so glad he made it home safely.

My big boy walking at the lake

Saturday we got up and mom and I went with Ashley for her dress fitting! It is so pretty and we had a great time going and getting breakfast together. We got back to the lake so I could play with Wade for a little while before Josh and I left. While I was gone Wade figured out he could cut grass with Pops and he had a blast doing that. I am so glad Josh remembered to take pictures for me. Once I got Wade's lunch ready we decided to leave while he was eating because we knew he was happy sitting there eating. I did really good and did not get too sad. I was a little nervous but excited to get away at the same time.
Loving cutting the grass with Pops

Josh and I  headed to IKEA once we left and we loved it. We did not buy much but it was such a neat store. We even had lunch in the cafeteria! After that we headed to our hotel to get checked in at the Omni which was so nice. Everything is walking distance- shops, restaurants and bars. We put our stuff up and walked around a little bit and stopped and got dessert. After eating we headed back and did something we never do... we got in bed and watched Bride Wars (it was on HBO.) We relaxed for about 2 1/2 hours and then got up and got ready for dinner around 8pm. We never eat that late but it was so nice not to be on a time schedule. We went to BlueFinn and it was soooo good. We can't wait to go back. Josh was in love because we sat in the bar area (because they were so busy with so many bachelorette parties) and there was a tv at our table that had the ball game on! He did good and still talked to me even while watching the game. After dinner we were so full that we headed back to the hotel to relax and re-group. We almost decided not to go out after laying down again but around 10:30pm we headed to Wisky River (Dale Jr.'s Bar) and we had a blast. We even danced a little but had the most fun watching everyone! We didn't get home until 1am which is so late for us. Of course I could not sleep in past 8am but it was nice to lay in bed until 10am. Our hotel had a breakfast buffet included in our package and it was amazing! We ate way too much. We had so much fun together and headed home around 11am.

Our great night out- Getting ready to go to dinner!

Since we did not have Wade we headed to Winston to see the babies; they came home last Thursday. Oh how sweet were they. I could have just eaten them up! We stayed for lunch and saw Josh's parents as well and then headed back to get Wade. He was sleeping but when he got up he was excited to see us. We all played for a little bit and then headed to see Ashley's new house- we had not gotten to see the inside yet and it was really cute. We are so happy for them. We missed our little guy but really enjoyed our time alone together. We can't wait for our next adventure!!!!! (Mexico)

My sweet nephews!

Love them- I love that they look different
Rylan Matthew
Nolan Parker (he looks a lot like Peyton did)

Big sister Peyton (she is doing great!)






1 comment:

  1. Your date night sounded heavenly. I can't wait to take afternoon naps and eat dinner late when we go to Mexico! How precious are those babies! I love their taggie blankets!

    ReplyDelete