Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update

Wade had his one year old check up today and everything looked great. I learned after today that my days of going to the doctor by myself are now over. Wade was into everything!!!! They give you this lovely 3 page survey to fill out and I guess they must have thought that Wade was going to sit still long enough for me to read each question and answer them? I still do not know how I got it all done. He was jumping, trying to get down, trying to walk everywhere... needless to say I was worn out and we were only there 30 minutes. I really do LOVE our office because we never have to wait long at all. He had to get a shot and his finger pricked but the only part that bothered him was us keeping him still while she got enough blood for the finger stick.

He weighed 21 lbs and 10 oz and to my surprise he was taller than I thought he would be. He was 30 in. His weight was in the 25-50th percentile and his height was in the 50th percentile. Some new things he has been doing the past two days are: Sitting and playing on his knees. It is the cutest thing he just scoots around on his knees and will stop and sit back on the tops of his feet and play. He is climbing on EVERYTHING! Two days ago we where in the den and I looked over to Wade and he was standing in his little chair. He has never even sat in the thing so climbing up and standing in it shocked me. He can now get up the stairs at my parents house so fast. He has also starting to get a little clingy to me... when I am standing up doing something I now have this little person grabbing on my legs and pulling up and sticking his little head between them and smiling. His favorite things to do at my parents house these days are to help my dad "cut grass" and to help water the plants. He sticks that little hand in the water when he is spraying the plants off and just laughs! Of course he gets to do this as much as his little heart desires!! I didn't forget about taking his 12 month pictures we have just been so busy so I will try to post them tomorrow. The pictures are similar to our doctors appt today and I could not keep him still long enough to take a good picture. I gave up after awhile and figured I will look back and laugh one day about this busy bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment