Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Weekend!

Well I think I can say we officially have a walker in the house. Tuesday Wade decided he would just start letting go of the furniture and walk to me or Josh. He does like 10 or 12 steps at a time now. He is so proud of himself. He is also standing a lot more. Now he would much rather crawl but if we make him walk he can walk across the entire living room! He looks so little walking. I am sure it will be another week or two before he is walking all around the house but he is getting so much closer.

This weekend is such a big deal for us. I have never been away from Wade for more than 5-6 hours ever and never over night.  I know it's crazy because he is over a year old but it just happened that way. I can't imagine it any other way. I love being home all day with him and I just have not been ready to leave him at night yet. Now if things would have been different and he would have been a better sleeper from 6-11 months I think we may have done this sooner. Well we are headed to Mexico for 6 days in May and I knew I had to leave him at least once prior to our trip. So we are doing a "practice" run this weekend. Ashley is in town and tomorrow we are heading to Asheboro to meet Claire and Katelyn and go to the zoo. We are so excited! Then we are heading to the lake. Mom, dad and Josh will be coming tomorrow night. Josh and I will spend the night at the lake on Friday and spend the morning with Wade playing at the lake. We are leaving at lunch time on Sat. and heading to Charlotte. We are going to go to IKEA(we have never been there) and Concord Mills for some shopping then heading to our hotel. We are staying in downtown Charlotte so we will be in walking distance from the restaurants etc. We are going out for dinner/drinks Saturday night and then we are going to sleep in Sunday morning!!!!! I just know I will not be able to sleep past 8am out of habit of getting up early. I know it is only one night but it is a big deal for us to get away. We know Wade will have so much fun with my parents, Ashley and Zach and we will miss him much more than he will miss us. Sunday we are hoping to stop by Winston and see the twins. Last we heard they are supposed to be coming home today!!! Can't wait to see those sweet babies. Lets just pray Wade does ok and will sleep for my parents on Saturday night. He has cried the last two nights and I am almost positive his one year molars are coming in because he had been sleeping so well. My parents will not be able to hear him cry so I am hoping he is so worn out that he sleeps for them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Wade is already walking! I wish yall would have waited to go to the zoo with us but maybe we can do it some other time! Good Luck this weekend! You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete