Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mr. Independent

Well I thought last week I officially had a walker in the house; boy was I wrong. I thought the 10-12 steps he was doing were keeping my busy! Friday Wade decided to prove me wrong. I was in the other room and I looked up and Wade was walking towards me. I was shocked. I said "what are you doing walking?" He just smiled so big and was so proud of himself. Since Friday he has just improved and is walking/running all over the house. He even stops and claps for himself! Last week he would do 10-12 steps and then fall down. Well not now he is going everywhere and even turning around and coming back. If you try to grab his hand and direct him the way you want him to go he nicely pushes your hand away and walks where he wants to go. We are so proud of him. He kept us so busy this weekend but we love it. He has been so tired at night because he walks so much during the day. Today he walked all around the yard. My parents were shocked because he was not doing this Thursday before they left for the lake. He is also talking up a storm. I honestly think he picks up a new word every day. He is so serious when he talks and wants you to listen and acknowledge him. It cracks me up. I just shake my head and say "is that right" and he just keeps babbling. He is saying momma, dadda, ba-ba (sippy cup), banana, dog, ball, yum, byebye, melmo(elmo), bbb is bird. We went to my Papaw's house today and he almost said his name. 

We were driving in the car last week and I always play his Bible songs for him to listen to and "This little light of mine" came on and I looked back at him and bless his sweet heart... he had his little finger up and was moving his hand from side to side. I could have just eaten him up. He is so good at holding his "number 1" up and my mom taught him "This little light" when she kept him last weekend. I had not seen him do it yet. His newest thing this past week was snaping. We were in the car and for some reason Josh started snapping to the music and showed Wade how to snap. Wade just stared at him while he did it a few times and we were amazed when he put his little fingers together and then crossed them like he was snapping. We both just cracked up and couldn't believe it. I told Josh we have to be careful what we do and say these days because he is just picking suff up left and right.

2 comments:

  1. How cute!!! He seems like loads of fun :) And, Owen used to call Elmo "Melmo" too. So does my niece! It is interesting that kids add that "m" on the front of the word, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade is growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete