Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life Lately

Since Disney I feel like I have hardly taken any pictures of the kids and I have enjoyed a little blogging break. It was nice to take a month off. We have been home pretty much every weekend and have been enjoying being outside whenever it has been nice. WK is running around everywhere and into everything which is also the reason for the blog break. At nap time and night time I am exhausted from chasing her all day. She is busy busy busy right now.

Wade turned 4 last month and about 2 weeks later I started noticing that he was not napping like he used to. I don't even want to say it but I think his nap is starting to fade out. The crazy part is he is not tired any earlier. He is still going to bed around 830p. I told him tonight if he takes a nap he may stay up until 830p however if he does not nap we are pushing bed time up to 8pm. It always seems like this is so much harder in the Summer time though. We are always outside until almost 8 each night. He hasn't stopped napping every day. He might go a day or two without a nap and then the next two days he will still nap for 2 hours. Up until 2 weeks ago he was napping every day for an hour and a half. I know he is 4 and I should be so grateful that we made it this long but I am going to miss my break during the day. We are working on still staying in his room for 1 hr and 30 min even if he doesn't sleep but he keeps coming out and I keep sending him back in!!

WK has also dropped one of her naps. I have been working on dropping it for the last month and just this week I let her take a morning nap and then she did not take an afternoon nap. So...no more morning nap for her. The only bad thing is that she falls asleep every day in carpool when we are picking Wade up. I can lay her down easily but I wish I could keep her up until we got home. Wade only has two more weeks in school so pretty soon it won't make a difference. WK turned 15 months yesterday (I will hopefully get to that post soon!!) and is such a big girl these days. She is so funny and so DRAMATIC-oh how my boy was so much easier at this age.

Speaking of my big boy-Wade is officially riding his bike without training wheels. He is doing so great and riding everywhere. We are so proud of him. About 4 months ago we tried taking his training wheels off but he was just not ready. Well last week he got his little bike out (the one that we took the wheels off) and started riding it around in the garage like a balance bike. He was keeping his feet down and just pushing around. Well the other day he wanted Josh to help him in the grass and he did it. The very next day Josh was at work and we were playing outside and he asked me to help him in the road. I was so nervous but my sweet neighbor was playing with WK so I helped him once and the second time he told me to "let go" and he hasn't stopped since. Today he rode a good mile while we walked. It really helps using his smaller bike because he can reach the ground with his feet. He is getting too big too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment