Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Fun

Where is the time going? I can't believe we are only 4 days away from Christmas. I blame this busy month on my lack of blogging :) Of course I have so much I want to catch up on because in January I will order my 2012 blog book. We have been busy but having a lot of fun too. Here is what we have been up to:
  • the 2nd weekend in December I took Wade with me to go to Virgina to my mom's side of the family's big Christmas party. My grandma was one of 16 kids so you can imagine that I don't know very many people there. Really just my great aunts and uncles and that is it. We called it a "road trip" to make it sound more fun for Wade.  We rode with my mom and dad and sister all in my mom's car. It actually wasn't so bad-it only took 2 hours and 20 minutes to get there. Wade is a great car rider-he always has been so he did great. We didn't even think about taking WK. She is not a great car rider so she stayed home with Josh. It was the first time I have ever left her all day. We were gone from about 9am-5pm. I missed her but had fun being with just Wade for the day. Wade got to bid in an auction for the first time and got to see Santa again.


     I love this one of Wade's little finger up in the air. He is biding $1 on a stuffed animal at the auction. My grandmother's sister and brothers have an auction every year to raise money for the other reunions. He is getting so independent and big. Today he wanted honey mustard at Bojangles and I asked him to go get it and he was so proud. He did not want me to go up there with him so I just sat and watched and he asked all by himself!!



  • The next week was Josh's procedure. He had it done last Thursday and everything went well. I was worn out after a weekend with the kids. We let him get lots of rest and tried to stay out of the house as much as we could. He rested for two full days and got up Saturday night just in time for us to have some of our couple friends over for a dessert party. It was crazy because I had to work from 4-8p and then everyone came over at 8pm. Josh LOVES having people over and entertaining. So even though it was a crazy weekend for it we had a great time. Of course I didn't take any pictures. a BIG THANKS to my mom and dad and Ashley and Zach for helping me with the kids that weekend. The next day we packed up and headed to Winston for Josh's family's big Christmas party. I was a little worried about Josh being up so much but it actually went well because he got to rest in the car and was only up for a couple of hours. The kids had a blast because it was in the gym of the church. This time of year is always crazy but its nice to get to see family that we don't get to see often. That night when we got home our neighborhood had a sleigh ride for the kids. I left WK with mom because it was raining a little and took Wade. He had a great time.

Here are some pictures from last Sunday at Josh's family's Christmas party. Wade and WK looked so cute in their outfits that Nana got them. We went consignment sale shopping after Thanksgiving and found them some goodies! I love the picture of WK, Papaw, and Lois. Josh's papaw is such a sweet nice man. 










Getting ready for our sleigh ride!!


  • We have been trying to spend some time at home this past week just relaxing at night. The kids have enjoyed playing and staying in their pj's!!! We are all done with shopping as of today. I actually love shopping the weekend before Christmas so I am sure we will go out sometime this weekend even though we really don't need much! Westin Kate is into EVERYTHING. She is pulling up on everything and crawling everywhere. Just yesterday at the park I turned my head for one second and she was climbing the steps. She has never done this before and she just went right on up. I think we may have a climber this time around. I wish I would have had my camera! She fell into the door jam this week and got a nice red mark but thankfully it is all better now. This stage is so busy and so scary. We are getting some gates soon for the steps! She loves to pull the vent up out of the floor downstairs and it is the first thing she crawls to when we put her down. We are still fighting the night time battle with her. Some nights are better than others and she just wakes up once and stays in her bed all night. She still fights us so much when we put her in bed and a couple of times she has fallen asleep sitting up!! Last night was much better and she only cried about 10 minutes when going to sleep and only woke up once at 230am to eat. We are breaking this habit after Christmas but I wanted to get her back in her bed first and then break the eating at night habit. It is not going to be fun!!
  • Wade had his last day of school on Wednesday and had his Christmas party. I was one of the mom's helping with this party and the kids had a great time. They ate, made some crafts and had so much fun doing freeze dance with their jingle bells. I had to take WK and she did great. She loved watching all the big kids.









  • I am off this weekend and we don't have any plans at all except for Sunday night. I can't even tell you how happy this makes me after such a busy couple of days last weekend. Sunday we are doing Christmas with my mom's side of the family. It is just us and my Aunt/Uncle and two cousins-sometimes though it is nice to have a small family on her side. We just buy for the kids so that is nice too!! We don't have church this weekend either because we have a special Christmas Eve service on Monday. So Sunday morning we plan on sleeping in (yea right!!) I do have to work 9a-3p on Christmas Eve this year but it is my only Holiday to work. Thankfully Josh is off all week after today!!!!!! I can't wait to relax and spend some time at home with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment