Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Fun part 1...

Well its time for another catch up post :) Oh life with two small kids and one that doesn't love to sleep at night sure does keep me busy! I will say WK gave me a 10 month present-yesterday she turned 10 months old and she slept through the night for the first time EVER. She has done a 6 hour stretch before but last night was the first time she didn't eat after 8pm. Of course I kept waking up...I guess after not sleeping for 10 months my body is not used to it. The night before last she pretty much cried off and on between 2-4pm after being fed at midnight. I think she was just so tired last night she didn't even wake up! I am sure it won't happen again for a long time but I would love it if it does.

We have been keeping busy this December. We went to the Christmas tree lighting in downtown Apex the first Friday of the month and then that Saturday was the Apex Christmas parade. I had to work so Josh took the kids and they had a great time. Wade loved it and he said WK sat perfectly still and loved watching everything. We got our tree's decorated last week. Wade loved doing "his" tree in the playroom but did not want to help with our main tree in the living room. Of course the reason why is..."its a girly tree!" All of our ornaments for that tree are pink, green, purple and teal and he does not like that one!! Neither one of them have messed with the tree so that has been so nice. Wade has never really tried to mess with the ornaments and surprisingly WK hasn't either. Now that she is crawling/pulling up I thought she would try but so far so good.  Here are a few pictures of WK in her little Christmas tutu  and one of Wade being silly before we went to the Christmas tree lighting.








Had to strap them down so I could clean out my car before we went!!


All ready to see the tree lighting!!





Here are a couple from the parade. We had such nice weather that day. Last year it was freezing cold. Papaw died the night before the parade last year...I can't even believe he has already been gone a year. We still miss him so much! The last picture is of Wade, one of his best buddies Chase and Chase's sister Chloe.






This week has been crazy and we have had something every night except for Tuesday. We had our bible study Christmas party on Monday and on Wednesday we met Claire and her family at Pullen Park for their Holiday Express Night. We had a lot of fun but I wish we could have gotten there earlier because it was so busy at 5pm when we got there. The kids loved it though. We spent most of our time waiting for our dinner so I think if we go next year we will just bring more snacks and eat afterwards. One of Wade's favorite parts was riding the trolley over to Pullen Park-he loved the train ride too!


Wade and WK decorating their tree in the playroom. Wade did not want his picture taken so this was the best we could do!! I love the one of the three of them reading before bed.






One afternoon I was wrapping presents while they napped. Well when they got up they thought it would be fun to play with the ribbon. I got my entire downstairs cleaned while they did this. They had so much fun! Wade has been into wearing his cowboy hat lately and doing his "laso" with his rope. It is so funny because he will laso his little animals. I have got to get him on video doing this.



No comments:

Post a Comment