Monday, July 12, 2010

Staying Busy!

It amazes me how busy things can be around here... I never knew how busy a stay at home mom could be! I guess I never thought I would "run out of time" to get stuff done. Oh was I wrong. I can't imagine what it will be like in a few years when our kids actually have to go somewhere ex: ball practice. I have to say I am loving every minute of it. Wade and I have a lot of fun together. Here are some pictures of a typical day at the Foltz house.

Wade always pulls the books off of his shelf at least once a day, I am not sure why I keep picking them up. I love it when I am looking for him and I find him in his room reading. I just hear that sweet voice "trying" to read and it just makes me smile. He has just started doing this by himself the last couple of weeks. Before he would bring me books to read and now he wants to read them himself.


There is always play time also know as destroy the house time! Wade is loving his new golf set Josh got him a few weeks ago. This is him attempting to hit the golf ball. He is actually pretty good but sadly he would rather hit the TV or Charlie rather than the ball. Wade gets his golf clubs taken away at least once a day for hiting something he is not supposed to!!!

Usually after taking his clubs away you can find him doing something else he is not supposed to. Just look at that sneaky little grin on his face. He knows not to stand in his chair and the entire time he is standing he will say "no, down" meaning "no Wade sit down." Knowing he is supposed to be sitting and doing it is two totally different things. He also likes to point to the candle on the chest and say "hot." I have had to move the candle over because he will always try to grab it. Poor Charlie just doesn't have a chance anymore. Usually by this point in the day it is time to eat and nap. Oh how I look forward to nap time some days; but I am so excited to see him when he gets up!


I try to take him somewhere once or twice a week to do something fun. We either try to do a playdate, the library or the pool/park. Last week we met Carrie and Kelly and their kids at Monkey Joe's. I just love those girls and even though I was running around chasing wild man it was still good to catch up and talk. Wade had a blast. I had to buy socks because he was still a little bit young to slide and jump without help. Of course he did not think so and he was wide open the entire time. I was worn out and sweating most of the time. It was a great workout carrying him up those steep ladder things to get to the slides. He would laugh at me the entire time; I would say don't move or we are both going to fall off this thing. He would just crack up! Here are some pictures of him playing. We can't wait to go back with Josh.




I love the next three pictures... this was Wade trying to do it himself. He could not climb up the incline to get inside and he would just slide off and land on his back. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. I got a little worried that he was going to get hurt but he just had a blast. It was so worth the $5 to go there for a couple of hours.


This is how he landed every time, flat on his back. He would also run and trip over the mats and fall and start laughing. Only one time did he fall and bump his nose and he was pitiful. Needless to say he got over it pretty fast and kept right on playing. I love him laughing with his mouth wide open, he just cracks me up!


We almost always go to the gym in the afternoon around 4pm. Wade is doing so much better and only cries for a few minutes when I drop him off. One day I will take my camera in there to get a picture of him playing. I love coming back to get him and walking in and seeing him playing and not crying. I think the girls may think I am crazy if I start taking pictures. Actually they may understand because we never thought the day would come when he would be happy in there! Maybe I will go early one day and see if I can get a few before they get there.

We are so excited when 530p rolls around because we know "Daddy" will be home any minute. Wade just loves this time of day and usually they go outside while I get dinner ready. Here is Josh and Wade playing outside one day after Josh got home from work. They found Wade's first caterpillar and he was so excited to show me. Wade and I have a lot of fun but I am not sure if it compares to the fun he has when Josh gets home. You will either find them outside playing or inside playing blocks or wrestling!

1 comment: