Sunday, July 18, 2010

Family

So I have to say Wade surprises me daily with something new he does or says. I wish I could take credit for him being so funny/smart but I think he gets this from his dad. Josh and I could not be more opposite. He would die if he knew I was posting about this. Believe it or not Josh is very smart... he may not act like it but don't let him fool you! He graduated #2 in his class at ECU. I think he had one B the entire 6 years he was in school. He was that nerdy straight A student. Me... I don't know if I ever saw an A in nursing school, maybe one or two before nursing school if any. I was very content with my B/C average that I got. So needless to say I think Wade may turn out more like Josh than me! The only thing I can somewhat take credit for is actually something I learned from one of my best friends Carrie. She had one of the smartest one year old's I had ever seen. I remember he was at our house when I was pregnant with Wade and he was just talking away. I told her I have never heard a one year old talk that much and asked did she work with him? She told me she just "talks" to him all the time even from the day he was born and that he watched TV!!! So when Wade was born I started "talking" to him about everything. We talked about the weather, what we are going to do for the day, what is on TV etc. I also let him watch some TV each day. I have to say I really think it worked because he talks all the time. People will stop and talk to us in stores and they always ask if he is 2 years old. When I tell them he is 15 months they are shocked because he is saying so much. Of course he also wants to wave and talk to everyone we see so we meet lots of "friends" when we are out doing things. So here's the point of all this...

We were looking at wedding pictures the other day and Wade came over and started pointing at people. Well this did not surprise me but what he did next shocked me. He named everyone in our family. I just sat there and stared at him. I have it on video and hopefully I will figure out how to post it soon. He named: Momma, Dadda, Ash, Zach, Papaw, Mimi, Pops, Nana, Poppy, Mema, and Grandaddy. I know I just sat there with my mouth wide open. I have never worked with him on our families names. Some of these people he does not see that often either. I have to admit I was really proud of him. Wade loves to point to his eyes, ears, nose and mouth and he also loves to point to ours and Charlie's. We are working on being nice when pointing to people's eyes. His other new words lately are: eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, yummy, thunder, boom, golf club and kick it. I am not so proud of kick it and I have no idea where he learned this from. Today Josh's parents and I were all sitting in the den and Wade was over by the glass front door. Well a few minutes later he proceeds to kick the door and says "kick it." We all hated to laugh and that only made it worse but it was pretty funny. Who knows where the kid picked that up from? I can't imagine what he is going to learn when he goes to school one day!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun watching them learn!!! Wade is a lot like Caleb was... very verbal at a young age. And I did the same-- talked to him constantly! Eli on the other hand is "average" with his verbal. I was concerned because he's not as up to speed as Caleb was at his age, but the ped said it's because we don't have as much one on one time as I did with Caleb. Makes perfect sense! Hope y'all are enjoying summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you made a shout out to me! Ha!!! Love it. Wade and Tanner are so alike and I know I say that all the time, but they are. Wade is just a little version of Tanner so girl, get ready! I love how he is so smart and so talkative. You and Josh are doing a great job raising that boy! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete