Monday, July 5, 2010

15 Months Old- update

 Finally here are Wade's 15 month pictures from July 4th. He would only be still if he had his toys in his hand! We went to the doctor today and everything looks great. He is 23.5lbs (45%) and 31 1/4in. (50%). I was thinking he would have been higher in weight percentile than height so he surprised me. She was impressed with his vocabulary (he talked the entire time) mostly saying "momma" and "out" and pointing to the door! He did say granola bar when he saw the wrapper in my bag and the NP (which we love) says he is talking like an 18mo old should talk. We had been thinking he was talking a lot for his age so it was nice to hear it from her. He got two shots and he was just pitiful after that pointing to his "boo boo." She also says he is doing a lot of teething. (his molars are still coming in and she thought his incisior's looked like they would be here soon!) We are loading up on some tylenol tonight!

I was planning on posting this yesterday but with all of the July 4th fun going on I ran out of time. Yesterday my sweet boy turned 15 months old. It is hard to believe. Even harder to believe it is already July. Fall is going to be here before we know it. (which is ok for me... Fall is my favorite time of year!) I will have to post Wade's 15 month picture tomorrow but here is what he is up to:

-weighs around 23lbs
-over 30 inches (not too sure about this one either!)
-wears size 3-4 diapers
-wears 12-18 month clothes
-takes one 2.5-3 hour nap a day
-sleeps 11-12 hours at night
-eats pretty much everything, eats his veggies with spaghetti sauce on them
-loves to dip foods and says "dip it"
-loves being outside and now says "out" and points to the door
-loves the pool, lake etc but does not like the bath as much as he used to? (does not want to sit down in the water)
-running everywhere (he is so fast these days)
-climbing onto everything
-still loves balls, lawn mowers, tractors, & big trucks the best
-talks all day long and is even putting 2 words together (thank you, more please, my dada, my momma, bye bye dada.
-loves to give "knuckles" and wave to everyone
-still has some separation anxiety and cries when we leave him but is doing better
-loves to show his muscles and grunt when doing it
-loves to say "dunk" and pretends to dunk the ball
-has started spinning in circles and falling down
-falls down on the floor to get attention
-last month he came up to me and gave me my first hug and kiss (I almost cried)
-loves to give big hugs (snuggles)
-pretends to sneeze if he hears anyone sneeze
-mastered drinking out of a straw last month
-has all four molars (they started coming in after his birthday and are almost all in)
-loves to sing- wheels on the bus (he says round and round), twinkle twinkle, ABC's, this little light, and the numbers jump song
-tries to jump and hop
-put on Josh's flip flops last week and tried to walk around
-loves to read and loves taking all the books off his book shelf at least once a day!



I know I am forgetting things; I try to write stuff down as he does things so I can blog about them all. I know it is a lot to post but I love looking back in our first blog book at all his milestones. Its hard to remember all the cute things he is doing so posting them is a way to do that.  Another funny thing he does is: I always ask him when we are in the car if he can "feel the air?" I guess I always put my hand up in the air to see if I can feel the air going back to him. Well now when I say can you see the air; when I look back he has his little arm up in the air trying to feel it. He is just so precious to us and I love how he is changing each day. This age is busy busy but it is so much fun. I literally laugh at him every day. I just can't imagine what he will be up to a month from now. He is changing so much each day. It makes me sad that he is growing up so fast but I am so thankful I get to spend all my days with this sweet little boy.

1 comment: