Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catching Up

Well it feels like forever since I have been able to sit down and blog. We were so glad when Josh finally got back in town. I am so glad my husband does not have to travel much for work. Wade is still sick but is much better. He still has a cough that has lasted 2 weeks and still occasionally a runny nose. He had bronchitis and was put on Zythromycin for 5 days. It seemed like we were finally ear infection free and then we had to have another antibiotic... but at least it seemed to help. We are just so ready for spring to get here. Here are some pictures from our snow day yesterday. Wade wasn't crazy about being outside so he mostly stayed in at my parents house. We went over there to hang out for the day. Ashley was in town so Dad grilled some burgers and chicken and we watched some movies on TV. Josh and I did get to go sledding yesterday afternoon and had so much fun. We were soaking wet when we got back. I was supposed to go to work but didn't have to go in. I am going to try to get there today to get a few hours in.

Ready to play

All bundled up

Looking out at the snow
Wade is doing so well standing up while holding on these days. He isn't quite pulling up by himself but he is so close. He is talking so much and almost crawling. He will do one or two little crawls and then fall down. The most he has done is 3 crawls. I am afraid he is going to be moving all around here pretty soon. I can't believe he will be 10 months old on Thursday. We have started the sleep training all over again and it seems to be going ok. Two nights ago he cried for one hour before falling asleep. Last night he was in bed at 7:40pm and I didn't hear him until 1am. He must have cried less than 30 min because I feel asleep and usually I cannot sleep if he is screaming. He didn't wake up until 5:30am to eat and the Josh laid him back down and he slept until 8am. So... we are getting there. It has been the hardest transition getting him back in his bed but I know we are going to be so glad when we do. Secretly I miss him laying between us but I know he needs to be in his own room. He is so sweet though when he was in our bed he would stretch one arm out to touch me and then reach his other arm over to Josh!!! Last week he wouldn't even sleep in our bed he was so sick we had to take turns walking him and rocking him because he couldn't breath laying down. It was a long week! Thank goodness we are getting closer to sleeping all night again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are looking up! Give Wade a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation, I was sick constantly as a child but now I hardly ever get sick...maybe he's building up those strong immunities now! Let me know how the sleep training is going - we will probably be doing it for naps very soon.

    ReplyDelete