Monday, January 11, 2010

9 month check up

Wade had his 9 month well child appt. today. He seems to be very healthy and right on schedule with his milestones. He was so cute today he would wave to everyone who came into the room. The entire time the doctor was talking he would just stare at her and say "hun" over and over again like he was listening to her. I am hoping he was listening to her when she said "just let him cry and do not go into his room" This is much easier said than done. Some nights he will sleep and some he will just cry every hour. He cried a lot last night. I am just hoping it gets better soon so we will all get some sleep. He goes down great around 8pm but he does not stay asleep?? So I am going to try not to go in tonight. I will probably make it 30 min or so then I will have to calm him down some. I was shocked when he got weighed today. He was 27 3/4 inches long which was in the 45%. His head was also in the 45% (can't remember what that was). His weight... 19 lbs (25%). He has Always been in the 50-90% for weight. He isn't crawling but he is busy moving more and she mentioned you usually see a slow down in weight around this age. I was sure he was over 20lbs. The good news... his ears were clear!!! I knew that they should be now that we have tubes but it was good to finally hear "clear." So our fingers are crossed for tonight. He is napping now and is doing great. So lets just hope it continues at bedtime. Oh he is finally eating some table food too. I have not tried cheerios yet but he is doing great with puffs. She told me to go ahead and try some banana's or a cracker/bread. I can't wait until we don't have to buy baby food anymore!

It is so funny because I have lots of people who will ask me "when are you having another one?" I usually respond... another what? Because I just know that they don't mean another baby? I still have a baby. I am sure my face says it all when they ask. I guess now that he is getting closer to being 1 people think its time?? I am on the 4 year plan. Josh would like another one sooner than that so we will have to comprimise. Hopefully God will give us another child one day and it will happen as easily as it did with Wade. For now I am so content with my baby and just want a few years to enjoy him. Plus I still feel like I have a newborn because of the lack of sleep, so I need a couple of years of sleeping through the night.

1 comment:

  1. So, Shannon when are you having another one? :)
    So glad Wade is doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete