Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas and Moving!

Well we had a great Christmas that went by way too fast. We did a lot of traveling and saw a lot of family. Even though we are all worn out we feel blessed that Wade has grandparents, great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, cousins and lots of second cousins to see. We did so much I am not going to even try to go into detail but it was a wonderful time. Congrats to Ashley and Zach who got engaged on the 23rd! We are very excited. One day once we finally get settled in our house I will post some Christmas pictures. We love our new camera and enjoyed using it so much. P.S. The way this week is going it may be next Christmas before I get pictures up!

Of course his ears still have fluid in them and he did not sleep well at all. Actually he will not sleep in his bed anymore at night and we do not have a clue what to do? He naps fine and he goes to bed fine at 8pm but by 11pm he is screaming like you are cutting his arms and legs off. He will only sleep if one of us is holding him which means we aren't getting much sleep. We tried really hard not to bring him into our bed but last night we both were so tired we gave in. We have been holding him on the couch but we can't stay awake all night anymore. Of course we are sleeping in the new house so I am sure it doesn't help being in a new place but he was doing this at mom and dad's as well. So.... tomorrow we are going to the ENT and I am praying they will consider doing tubes if it will help. I just want our good sleeper back. He is great during the day other than being a little tired but at night we have a different child. Any ideas about getting him to sleep in his bed? He is taking 3 hour naps which is nice but its because he is worn out. I am not crazy about surgery but if it helps him I am all for it. Plus I am tried of seeing him hurting and all the antibiotics are really hurting his stomach. So we have our fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Well we are in our new house and trying to get settled. We are almost all unpacked but we only brought about half of the stuff from our old house since this house is half the size. We will have to store the rest in my parents garage. Poor Josh... this is his vacation week and we have been so busy moving and he has actually gotten less sleep this week than most because of Wade's ears. But, at least we are getting settled. I could have never unpacked and organized so quickly without him here. Thanks Josh we love you!! We actually have a date tonight and I am so excited. My parents are coming over to watch Wade and we are going to Sullivan's for dinner. It was part of my Christmas present. The other part is wonderful too!!! Josh is sending my on a shopping spree to Lily and White House Black Market at Cameron Village to buy some new clothes. He got two gifts cards and wrote me a sweet note and part of it said "Enjoy a day of shopping." I am so excited and cannot remember the last time I went clothes shopping. It was probably to buy maternity clothes. Not sure when I will get the chance to go shopping but I am looking forward to it. We don't have any plans for New Years this year. My parents will be out of town and since Wade isn't feeling well we probably would not be leaving him anyways. So... Josh and I are going to get some appetizers and make our favorite dessert and rent a movie or two and enjoy our new house. To be honest I am really looking forward to this. We decided we may go out next year but this year we are just hanging out. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about Wade's ears :( I know it is so frustrating. And, I also completely understand everything you said...not sleeping if he isn't with you, being sad about him in pain, and fears about surgery. But, I can assure you, it will be the best thing you do for him. I was so nervous about the idea and now I am so thankful for what BOTH sets of tubes have done for Owen. It was literally a 15 minute process from the time they took him to the time they came to get us (both times, this was the case). So, he was only actually under for a total of about 8 minutes. My guess is that Wade will be back to being a great sleeper once that fluid is gone and can drain properly. We had so much trouble with Owen's sleeping and we always knew when his ears were bothering him because he would not sleep if he wasn't with us. But, after the tubes, he was sleeping great again. Good Luck! I am so sorry you and Wade are having to deal with this...no fun and so sad. We are thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete