Monday, November 30, 2009

New Job and House!!

Today I got a phone call from UNC and I received a job offer!!! I am really excited because it is the telephone position I was hoping for. I have a lot of training to do since I do not have Peds experience but I am really excited to learn something new. I am also excited that I do not have to leave Wade much. I am going to work every weekend for awhile just to get the hang of it and get the experience then I will change my schedule around some to have some weekend time off. The nice part is I can work 3pm-11pm and not have to leave Wade for 12hrs all day or have to work 12 hours during the night. I have to do one day of hospital orientation on Dec 14th and then I will start at Healthlink. Hopefully I will get a few shifts in before Christmas. Wade is asleep in his bed and did not cry tonight. This is the first in quite a few nights. He is still pulling at his ears but he is exhausted from not sleeping much. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in in a few days.

We got to go to our rental house tonight and see it. My parents own it and the guy who had been living there moved out today. Surprisingly it did not look so bad. They had not seen it in 4 years. It actually felt bigger than I remembered. I guess anything would feel big since we do not have our own space except for our bedroom here. It has so be painted and a couple of things have to be fixed but we are hoping to be moving in in two weeks. I don't thing we will sleep there before Christmas because that is a lot of work to decorate for a few days but we will at least get everything in and un packed except for Wade's furniture so we can start sleeping there after Christmas. My goal is to have everything unpacked and organized and have pictures hung etc before we move in. Josh is off for 10 days after Christmas eve so it will be nice to get settled and just enjoy our new place after that. We are so grateful to my parents for letting us stay here for the last 3 1/2 months but we are excited to now have our own place.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Hope all turns out well. Wade is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I know you are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! We have so much catching up to do! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete