Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Decision

Well the decision has been made and I have decided to go back to work. Now if you ask my husband it really doesn't count calling it "going back to work" because I am mostly interviewing for PRN positions and would just be working one to two days a week. My goal when I had Wade was to stay home with him at least 6 months. I feel like that is so important!! Well he is almost 8 months and I am so happy we have never had to leave him with anyone. I had an interview last week at UNC on the mother/baby floor and I should be hearing something back next week. They need help on weekends so that is a great option for us. I also have another interview on Monday...please pray it goes well because it is something I am really interested in. It is a pediatric phone nurse position and I could work every other weekend and only work 3pm-11pm and if I wanted more time I could pick it up during the week. I do not have Peds experience but she sounded like they may be willing to work with me and teach me what I would need to know. Of course I am sure they have many people to interview and someone with that experience would get the job before I would. Basically you are the after hours phone nurse when parents have a question about what to do with their child. I LOVE the fact that I would not be bringing germs home to Wade and..... here is the best news, after 6 months you can work from home!!! Now I am trying not to get too excited but I just hope everything goes well. I am just happy to have an interview. This job is also through UNC. I have enjoyed keeping Elizabeth so much and it has been a great way to stay home and make a little extra money. But I am looking foward to having a lot of free time during the week with Wade. This is the best thing about nursing, there is so much flexibility. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment