Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oatmeal and Vegetables

After our doctors appointment and talking to the nurse I decided we would try new foods on Friday. I was pretty sure Wade would do just fine and enjoy eating and sure enough he has done great. He loves oatmeal and carrots so much. It seems most days he wants more... he makes the cutest sounds like he is saying yum while eating. It sounds like "mmmmm" I took some cute pictures with carrots all over his face and will try to get those up soon. We have had a busy weekend and Wade has a stuffy and runny nose so we have not been sleeping great. He has a hard time breathing while sucking his paci but he loves his paci at night. It is pitiful because he doesn't understand why he can't breathe through his nose. He just looks at you like please help me. It just breaks our heart to see him struggle. It is not as bad as his first cold so I am not sure whether he has my horrible allergies and its from the weather changing or if it is another cold. I knew when I started keeping a toddler that she would be bringing germs home from pre-school. I guess if he was in daycare it would be the same way? Last night was better he went to be at 7:45pm and we did not hear him until 5am. Of course we decided to have a huge yard sale Saturday morning so that did not help in the lack of sleep. But it was good we all needed to get rid of things and get organized. Wade loved the yard sale. We put his little chair outside with us and he had the best time watching all the people come and go. After the yard sale we watched the ECU game and were not too happy about it. Hopefully we will start playing better. Josh says it was due to the fact that Wade was wearing a Carolina blue outfit... I really did not even think about it when I got him dressed yesterday. It is really hard to find anything purple now that we are living in Apex. There is red and blue and that is about it. Last night the boys stayed home while mom and I went to a wedding. It was nice to get dressed up and get out of the house. It seems like getting dressed up is something I hardly ever do these days. I am working on that but it is so much easier to just put jeans and a t-shirt on! Aunt Ashley came into town so I know Wade was not lacking any attention last night. Josh and dad were pretty excited to stay home and watch football. Josh and I have been joking with mom and dad and telling them one day when we have another baby we will have to move back in because we have gotten used to having all this help with childcare. There are not many benefits to moving back home but this is one of them. It is great to have help with Wade. Today has been one of those wonderful Fall days. This is by far my favorite time of the year. We visited Hope Community Church again today and we really enjoyed it. The pastor is wonderful and really great to listen to. We miss Covenant and all of our friends there but we feel like Hope may be the place for us. We are still going to visit some other churches and pray about it but we really like it there. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment