Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Big Boy!

Today I had to take Wade to the doctor for his shots. We decided to separate his shots so he only gets one or two at a time which means he has to go once each month. Today the nurse was talking about how big he was for 5 1/2 months so we decided to weigh him just for fun. He normally wouldn't have a weight check etc until 6 months. However we were both interested and sure enough he is a big boy... 18lbs. I think he may out weigh some toddlers. We didn't check his length but Josh and I are going to measure him tonight. The nurse told me I could go ahead and start giving him more solids. I was telling her is waking up at 5am now and is starving. So... either tonight or tomorrow we are going to start vegetable's and try oatmeal. We have just been giving him rice cereal once a day and that is just not enough for him. I am sure it will go well because he loves to eat. He also did something new today... he rolled over! I was really excited for him; we knew he would eventually do it but his legs are so chubby it has just taken him longer than most. He rolled from his back to his side while he was sleeping and when I went to wake him up from his nap (we had to go somewhere) he turned over to his stomach. It makes me nervous because he was still really sleepy and got stuck on his arm so I helped him a little. I am so proud of him I just hope he does not do it at night while he is sleeping. I know there is nothing I can do to stop him once he starts rolling but I just feel so much better with him sleeping on his back. He also has two teeth now. I can't believe how fast he is growing. One tooth is half way in and the other one has just come through and is starting to show. It is so cute. I will try to get a picture of it but he doesn't like to move his tongue so you can see it. I will post some new pictures soon. I want to get some of him eating vegetables and of his little teeth.

1 comment:

  1. I am not at all surprised he weighs 18 pounds. The boy loves to eat! I can't believe he has 2 teeth! He'll have his whole set before I see him again :( Hope life is well in Apex and you guys are adjusting well. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete