Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend 2009

Here are some pictures from this weekend. We had a great time at the lake. We went down on Sunday morning and came home late today. We rode the boat, ate too much, (not helping my 7lb weight loss) celebrated Ashley's 22nd Birthday, and just relaxed. Wade started doing something new; he puts his hands together and hits his bottom lip. We could not figure out what he was doing. Well last night he just started screaming like something was hurting him and he did not eat well. I wasn't getting too concerned but today he did the same thing. Tapping his lip with his hands then around nap time screamed again for about 5 minutes. Well I decided to check out his mouth where he has been messing with it and sure enough a little top of his first tooth has come through. It is so cute! The tooth beside that is well on its way also. You can just barely see the top corners but you can feel them. No wonder he was acting a little fussy. I know it has to hurt. This afternoon we gave him some tylenol and this evening he has been great. I can't believe how good he was all weekend considering he was teething. He even slept great last night sleeping in a different place. He went to bed late around 9pm ate at 6am and then slept until 9am. We are so proud of him. He really only fussed for about 5 minutes each time but it was so out of character I knew something was going on. I am just glad he is not getting sick. I can't wait to see how cute it is going to look once it is all the way out. Any suggestions for helping with the pain? He still seems so young getting his first tooth.
Also Congrats to Jennifer and Jamie- Micah James is here!!! We cannot wait to meet him. He is so sweet.
Oh I forgot to mention I am sad to say I think Wade's 1st word is going to be "Da Da." He is "talking" so much these days and he says it so plain and clear (Josh loves it). We are working on Mommy.
Getting ready for our boat ride!
Our sweet angel
Foltz's


Driving the boat



Here we go (his jacket is way too big)










3 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon! Love the pictures. Wade is growing so fast. I'm on blogger too. I love to use it as a way to keep our family and out of town friends updated with pictures and cute stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That life jacket swallows him! Too cute, he will fit in it for sure next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute family!! I don't have any suggestions as far as teething goes- just pump him with Tylenol and maybe a little Orajel on his gums. I don't know if that really works or not but the Tylenol does. I can't wait to see you guys again. Wade will have all his teeth by then :( Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete