Monday, August 26, 2013

What we have been up to!

I can't believe it that we have actually stayed home the entire month of August. The last time we traveled was in July. We have had so much going on with our house stuff that we have really enjoyed not doing too much. We are heading to the beach this weekend for Labor Day. I seriously cannot believe it is almost September. I feel like Wade just got out of school and now he is getting ready to start next week. I am so not ready for Kindergarten. Preschool 5 mornings a week will be enough for me. I am really going to treasure this last year that I have him home with me-even if he drives me crazy some days!! I am sure it is hard for any mom to send their first baby to school but I think it is extra hard for me because he has been home everyday with me since he was born. Besides 3 hours in the morning here and there I have had him at home so I cannot imagine him not being here next year. Thankfully I LOVE the school that he is going to go to now and I know two of the kindergarten teachers and one of them just happens to be my sisters best friend. Her mom works in the office and helps with putting kids into classes so I am about 99.9% sure I already know who is teacher will be :) Tomorrow night Josh and I have a meet the teacher night at preschool and Wade goes for one hour with me on Friday morning. We are heading to the beach Friday evening and staying until Monday and he starts school on Tuesday. It is going to be a busy week. I am praying this house will sell before then because I am not sure if I can handle getting ready for school and picking up all before 9am.

We have had a ton of showings lately and we have one couple who is really interested in it. We are hoping that they will make an offer. They saw it today and I have seen them drive by again this afternoon to look at it. Hopefully we will get some good news soon on this house. Josh took our application in today for the new house. We have to have all the work approved because it it a Historic house and it is actually on the National Registry too. It was a little stressful at first but once they came out to the house and we explained everything we felt a lot better about it. They approved everything we wanted to do today except the screen front door that we picked out. They said it was too "Victorian" and we should try to find one that was more "classic!" Talk about picky picky!! But we will do as they say because well we have too :) It's funny because I feel like selling this house has been stressful but we probably haven't even gotten to the stressful part...renovating with small kids!! I just have to remember that it will be worth it when it is all done.

Wade said the funniest thing tonight and I want to remember it...he ran into my parents house and grabbed a couple of cookies. I said something to him about it because he had just had fruit snacks and he knew I wouldn't want him to have cookies also. He said "I am just a little boy and I didn't know any better!!" Pretty sure he had a huge smile on his little face too when he said this. He always keeps us laughing. Now that he isn't napping he always tells me at nap time "I am just too tired to rest" when I tell him that doesn't make sense he will say "yes it does mommy I am right-I am too tired to rest" then he will say "well what can I do then when I am laying there?" So needless to say we are working on this new stage of having quiet time daily. I am hoping once preschool starts next week he will be worn out and he will fall asleep some.

No comments:

Post a Comment