Sunday, August 25, 2013

House Part 2...

Now to say this has been an easy task would be an understatement. It started out fairly smoothly but quickly changed. We quickly learned that this sweet couple is pitiful and needs someone to help them. They have two adopted sons-one they speak to often one they don't talk to at all (that's an entire post in itself.) They really have some finiacial issues and actually we are helping them by buying the house because they just can't afford it anymore. We did not tell anyone about this house except our parents until we had a signed contract that was delievered to the attorney's office. We knew this type of house/location would have caused a huge biding war and we really wanted to get it. This has proven true-since people have found out about us getting the house we have already heard all types of stuff like..."we stole it away from other couples that wanted it" So not true, or better yet "my dad was the only reason we got it" Not true again I randomly called this woman and she has told us we are the first family to ever ask about buying it. We have also heard good things about how people are so excited we are getting it and that we are fixing it up. I think people think it wasn't fair that it didn't go on the market but anyone could have stopped and asked about it. I think the timing was just right and she knew my family and that we would raise our kids there and not move.

So we got all that worked out then they tell us they want US to find them a house. They don't want to use a relator but us. You can imagine my face. Here I am with two small needy kids and Josh who works long house and now we are there agents as well. This was NOT an easy process but thankfully we have found them one. They wanted a brick ranch near downtown Apex and wanted it under $175,000. This was almost impossible. Thankfully someone told me about a man who had just bought a brick ranch to fix up and sell. Here is how I know this was a God thing...I had met this man a few weeks before this. One day I was riding my bike near downtown and he was outside and I randomly stopped to ask him if he knew of any houses in the area for sale. He told me he was a builder and gave me his card and said to call him he was working on getting a house near downtown, I kept his card but didn't think anything else about it.  Little did I know a few weeks later a friend of the family would tell me to call him because he just bought a brick ranch. I remembered that I kept his card and I called him and guess what. It is a brick ranch, perfect location, in their price range AND it already has a wheelchair ramp. Talk about giving me chill bumps. He said he actually thought about me stopping by that day but he didn't have my number; he was going to let us know about the house but I called him first. So he is going to fix up this house for them and they are going to move in on Oct. 1st. It is the perfect house for them. When Mr. Ron went over to see it a couple of weeks ago he loved it and they signed papers that day. Of course we had to have a little drama and the poor sweet man fell down the steps and hit his leg and head really hard.  I have taken him to the ED twice since the fall but thankfully today he is much better. They have pretty much adopted us as their kids and they LOVE my babies.

When I call Ms. Ann it has to be nap time because we talk a hour almost every time. She will ask "how are my babies doing today?" My kids love going over to see them and we try to take them food at least once a week. Today I went and got them some stuff from the grocery store and they are always so grateful. They really need family in the area but their kids are out of state. They are a little needy but I don't mind helping when I can. Mr. Ron calls us "angels" which clearly we are not but it does make me happy to know we are helping someone out. I am just so thankfully that they have a new house to move into. For awhile I thought we may never find them one. Of course Mr. Ron said he "never worried for a minute" when one house didn't work out because he knew this was part of a plan that God had for all of us. I agree totally. They aren't able to close on the house until Dec because of their loan but the sweet man who is fixing it up for them is going to let them rent it back from him for two months.

Now moving them is going to be insane. They have 4100sq ft of  "stuff" in their current house and they are down sizing to 1800 sq ft.  I think Ms. Ann could possibly be called a "hoarder." All of the barns are full of stuff too. I know it all can't go with them but she doesn't want to sell it so I don't know what we are going to do with it. She is leaving some amazing antique furniture for us and I am SO excited about that. I am still hoping and praying they will agree to an estate sell for the rest of it or we may never get moved in.

Here is the other part to the story...our house was put on the market about a week after we signed papers and it sold in less than 12 hours for full asking price. We were SO excited but nervous because at this point they did not have anywhere to go. Well I knew it was too good to be true but everything was going ok until the inspection. They didn't want to work with us on fixing things and they backed out. So now I am trying not to worry but we still haven't sold our house. We have had tons of showings but no other offers yet. Josh isn't too worried and I am really trying but it makes me nervous because we close on our new house in just a couple of weeks. Praying that our house will sell soon. We have started work to the outside of our new house but we won't be able to do the inside until we move them out. We are really hoping to be in by Christmas but we are sure if that will happen or not. This has been a fun, stressful and crazy ride that we have been on but I know this house was meant for us to have because of the way it all happened. We can't wait to raise our kids there and make new memories. I am going to be so sad to leave our house and our neighbors but we are only moving 2 miles away so thankfully we will still see them often! Hoping to post pictures soon of my babies and catch up on a few more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment