Sunday, August 25, 2013

House part 1...

Another month has gone by and I am finally getting around to blogging again. This past month has been CRAZY for our family. I have so much to catch up on. Part of this blogging break has been my computer issues but Josh bought me a new laptop and once we get it all set up hopefully the problem will be solved. Of course we won't tell anyone that he bought it in June and it has been sitting in its box since then. I need him to set it all up for me but that involves calling At&t because our wireless is acting up and we just haven't had a spare 2 hours to sit and talk to them on the phone. Tonight I am working and thankfully have a few minutes to catch up from my work computer.

I have been taking pictures here and there of the kids and I will have a few picture post to catch up on once I get my new computer up and running. I don't even know where to start about our house stuff that has been going on. Somehow Josh and I decided that if we were going to move this would be the year to do it. Now when we moved into this house we planned to stay 5-10 years...I guess God showed us that he had other plans. I had been praying about moving here and there and we just randomly would search houses and go see a few here and there. We knew we wanted two things-a house we could stay in a LONG time and more land. We also knew that this next move was going to be it because we didn't want to move the kids once they started school and Wade starts next year. So we played around with the idea but did not put our house on the market. We actually made an offer on a couple of houses but those did not work out. The one house that we loved at first was just too expensive for all the work it needed. They ended up calling us back and telling us a mont later that they would accept our offer but once we went back and looked at it again we decided to wait.

Somehow I got it in my brain that it was a great idea to try to find a house near downtown Apex. We LOVE downtown and I just thought "why not try" so I randomly called a few people in town that I knew and asked them if they wanted to sell or knew anyone that was thinking about selling. The thing about these historic houses is you have to catch them before they go on the market because it is a biding war once that happens. Well a few weeks went by and nothing really came up. We went and looked at 2 but they just didn't work for us. Randomly I called the owners of my old house and asked if they were planning on selling anytime-they had mentioned moving before to my parents. They said they weren't right now but that I should call "Miss Ann" who used to live two door down from us. They said that they were both not doing well and just couldn't keep up their big house. So I randomly looked up their number in the phone book and called her one afternoon. I told her who I was and where I grew up and that Josh and I LOVED their house. I asked her if they ever decided to sell would they let us know. Well God must have worked this one out because we talked for an hour and they had just been talking about selling. It is too big and too much work for them. I almost died....we walk/drive by this house almost daily and we both love it. I could not even believe this was happening. Ann has a very rare disease and cannot walk anymore and her husband Ron is not in good health either. It took a few days for them to talk about everything-he later told me "their heads were spinning" when all this happened. I don't think either one of us every saw this coming. They also told us that God planned this at the perfect time. Close to a week later they had us come over and see the inside of the house and we signed a contract that day-July 28th, 2013. We had seen the outside and talked to Mr. Ron about a price but we had to wait a couple of days until Ann was feeling better to get inside.

I would have probably signed a contract without even seeing the inside but of course we waited until we got to go inside. We LOVE this house it is really our dream house and I cannot imagine that we will ever move. It is on .84 acres and has a garage and 3 barns/sheds on the property. It was built in 1900 and is about as close as you can get to downtown Apex. I will get to walk Wade and WK to school and we can walk downtown and get dinner. I have to keep all these positive thoughts in my mind because it is going to take a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make this our dream home. One day though it will be all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment