Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October

We love the month of October at our house. It is by far our favorite month. It seems like it is also one of our busiest months too!! We have been so busy these last couple of weeks. I was going to try to do a blog post for everything we have been up to but I only have about 15 minutes before WK's nap time is over so here goes...
  • Wade finished up swimming lessons and did really well. They were free because we had some points with our gym but I am not sure I would pay for them. I really think Josh could teach him how to swim just as well.
  • We are still trying to all (minus Josh) get over this lovely cold. We feel pretty good but it is just lingering around
  • Thankfully our property manager got everything done in the 9 days and our new tenants are happy and moved in Monday. We are so thankful he got it rented so quickly!!
  • This past weekend we went to the beach for Josh's birthday. We went from Friday to Monday and had a great time. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast. My in laws brought my sweet niece Peyton and Wade and her had so much fun and were so cute playing together. I am so thankful they are close in age and love each other so much. My parents went for the weekend too. They stay right down the street from our condo and it was so fun to have everyone there. Wade was over the moon to have both sets of grandparents there all weekend. The kids weren't spoiled at all!! Ashley and Zach were there too at Zach's uncle's place which is just about 10 minutes away. The guys played golf Saturday and we played outside. We had a little cake and ice cream after dinner to celebrate Josh's 31st birthday. Such a great time of year to go to the beach.
  • Yesterday was Josh's actual birthday. Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet husband. We love you and hope you had a great birthday; thanks for all that you do for us!!!! We hope that you had a great day. He had to work all day :( but we ordered his favorite pizza for him when he got home. It was nice to eat at home and not have to cook!! After dinner I surprised him and had some of our friends meet us for yogurt. It was a lot of fun.
  • Tonight we leaving WK with my parents and we are taking Wade to the fair. Wade is so excited and so are we. I couldn't ride anything last year because I was pregnant so I am so excited that I get to ride with Wade this year. He loves rides just like his momma!!
  • Saturday we are finally getting to the pumpkin patch. We already bought ours for the front door but we want to take the kids to play and to do the hay ride. We are just trying to fit it all in in one week  :) We are all going to need a nap on Sunday.
  • I am sure I am forgetting something but this is mostly what we have been up to. We are loving this weather and loving being outside and doing all this fun family stuff. I will get some pictures up soon!!
  • Oh I forgot in my last post that Westin Kate now knows her name and when you call her or say her name she will smile first and then turn her head to look at you. It is the cutest thing! She also is learning the word "no" and when she pulls my hair and I say "no no" she will smile/laugh so big and keep doing it.
  • Yesterday I saw a glimpse into our future...she was being dramatic. Oh welcome to the world of girls. She did not want to sit in her stroller and thought it would be cute to squeal and throw her head back a little bit. Oh trouble is coming!! I am not ready for her to get big.

No comments:

Post a Comment