Tuesday, October 9, 2012

8 Months Old!!

This past Saturday 10/6/12 Westin Kate turned 8 months old. She is growing WAY too fast. I went shopping for the kids tonight and it about broke my heart that I was shopping in the 12 month section for winter clothes. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she is going to be one this winter. I am not going to have a baby anymore. I told Josh get ready because I am so going to baby her as long as I can. With Wade we took the bottle away at 9 months, the paci at 19 months etc. Not this time around. She is going to be our baby for awhile!!  She has been getting over a cold and now Wade has a cold so needless to say I am just getting around to posting this. Plus we have had some house drama in Greenville (I will save all that for another post!!)

Westin Kate is doing pretty good. She is just a happy girl all the time. We have had some issues with her not wanting to eat and it is driving me crazy. We never had any issues with Wade eating/pooping (tmi I know) but this is where they differ. I don't know if its from her reflux or because she is constipated but the child won't eat. Now in her case looks can be deceiving. She is a big girl but she pretty much weighs about the same as she did a month or two ago. She is not loosing weight but not gaining either. I have to force her most days to take in 4oz every 4 hours. I know newborns who are drinking 4 oz. So she gets only 16oz a day and should have 24oz or more for her age. Therefore I am still doing a 2-3am feed because she will actually nurse and its a good feed. During the day she will hardly ever nurse so now I have a love/hate relationship with the pump.

I don't know how moms do it when they don't breastfeed and just pump. Breastfeeding for me is so much easier and faster AND there are no bottles to wash!!! I think it would be better if I could pump both sides at the same time but one side of my pump is broken . It takes forever to pump one side at the time. I am going to try my hardest to get her to 11 months pumping but I am not making any promises :) She also does not want to eat baby food. I don't know what we are going to do with her. I can get her to eat 3/4 jar for breakfast and one jar at dinner and that is it. I really have to make her eat the entire jar. She would stop at half. Wade was eating three meals a day and eating 1-2 jars at lunch and dinner. I know its different being a girl (I guess) but 1/2 jar doesn't seem like much for a 8 month old. Any suggestions?? I have increased her reflux meds as of today so maybe that will help.




We did a suppository this weekend (will never do that again.) She had stomach cramps/gas for the rest of the night and felt horrible. It did help her use the bathroom but was not worth hearing her cry. I guess because she never ever cries that it just breaks my heart when she does. She goes to the bathroom most days but it is such a small amount. I just hate it for her :( I am trying to add some prune juice to her oatmeal but so far it hasn't helped any. Other than this she is doing great and here is what she is up to:




Clearly she was getting bored with our photo shoot at this point!!


  • weighs around 19lbs; I don't have a clue how long she is
  • wears size 3 diapers and mostly 9 months clothes. Is still wearing some 6 mo and some 12 mo PJ's
  • eats 4oz of breast milk every 4 hours. We give her two oz of formula with breast milk for her night time bottle
  • hates her baby food and only eats two jars a day if that-eats some table food every now and then
  • takes a one hr morning nap and a 2-3 hr afternoon nap (has dropped her evening catnap)
  • sleeps ok...goes down around 8/830p and sleeps until about 3am-eats and goes back to sleep
  • smiles all day long at anyone and everyone
  • loves to hold someone's finger/hand while falling asleep-sometimes we give in and stay with her :)
  • loves sitting in the shopping cart and watching people
  • is sitting well but doesn't want to stay in one spot; she falls over towards her stomach like she is ready to crawl somewhere
  • is really pushing up with her arms and trying to get those knees up to crawl
  • rolls all over the floor and can scoot herself backwards ( I do not want her to crawl yet so I keep putting her back on her little behind!!)
  • just today she grabbed the side of the exersaucer and acted like she wanted to pull up (not ready for this either!!)
  • loves Wade and little kids so much
  • gets so excited when Josh gets home
  • pulls Charlie's hair every time he gets close enough
  • still only has two little bottom teeth
  • pulls her paci out on purpose when you lay her down at night
  • loves anything that plays music or sings
  • laughs so hard when you say "bye bye" and tried to put her little hand up the other day to wave
  • smiles so big when she sees all her hair bows hanging in her room
Westin Kate,
Please stop growing so fast and please start eating better!! I know I can't keep you little but I love this sweet baby age and hate to see it go. Before we know it you are going to be a toddler. You are a busy girl and your brother better watch out once you really start moving because I can tell you are going to be into everything (especially his toys!!) He got mad at you today for taking his new toy and chewing on it. You are sweet as pie but you are sneaky and we are going to have to watch you every minute. Daddy is going to have his hands full too. Tonight I saw him rocking you to sleep (we never do this) because he said you didn't feel good. Pretty sure you are not sick anymore but Daddy just wanted to hold you!!! You have him right where you want him these days. We are so excited about your first trip to the pumpkin patch and about your first Halloween. We are so thankful we get to be your parents!!! Happy 8 Months. I am sorry about your 8 month photo shoot-it was pajama day at our house because it was cold and raining and I didn't want to change you for your pictures.


It's hard to tell in these but she is trying hard to push up and get on her knees



This child is crazy...he is always making us laugh. He thought it would be funny to put WK's sticker on her head.


No comments:

Post a Comment