Monday, March 5, 2012

One Month Old

I can't believe that Westin Kate will be a month old tomorrow. I wanted to go ahead and do this post while I had a free minute. Things with two are busier for sure but it has not been as hard as I was expecting. Of course I am tired most of the time but over all things are going well. She is such a great baby and Wade has been doing great with her. I am so thankful that she is easy going and does not cry very much. I also love that she is a good sleeper!! Here are some things she likes right now and some things she doesn't like:

Likes:
  • to be held close and snuggled
  • to be dressed and wrapped in a blanket
  • looking around at lights and ceiling fans
  • bath time
  • watching/listening to her big brother
  • going for car rides and walks
  • laying with her daddy

Dislikes:

  • getting her diaper and clothes changed
  • changing her position when she is comfy
  • getting into her car seat (she is ok once we get going!!)
  • being hungry!!
  • being wet or dirty

She of course would rather be held but she does pretty well in her bouncy seat and swing. She does not like to lay flat on her back on our bed or the couch. She is such a squirmy girl  (the ultrasound tech said she would be!!) and I can barely lay her anywhere without her falling over or trying to roll. She does really well holding her head up. You have to hold her tight because she will lift her head up and sling it back while arching her back. She took her first bottle when she was 3 weeks old and did great. She has also started grabbing onto things...including my hair! She has the tightest little girp.

  • weighed 8lbs 2.5oz (at her 3 week check up)- I am guessing she is back to her birth weight now or more
  • 20 1/2 inches (same as when she was born)
  • head circ. was 14 (that was the same too)
  • She was in the 50% for all three things- I was shocked she was not back up to her birth weight yet...she feels so heavy to me. I am also not sure how accurate they measured her at the doctor because I feel like she is longer too!
  • wears newborn and size 0-3 months
  • just moved up to size 1 diapers (NB actually fits better but we used the last pack so I just moved her up!)
  • has started "talking" and "cooing" and it is just the sweetest little noises
  • sleeps anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time at night
  • eats every 3 hours during the day
  • is still so sleepy during the day ( I have a hard time trying to keep her awake)
  • sleeps after every feeding-usually is awake for a little while in the afternoon and then again around 8-10p
  • has the biggest dark blue eyes and loves to look around at everything
  • Smiled for the 1st time (while awake) on 3-2-12 (she did it twice-once while looking at the fan and once while I was talking to her!)
I can't believe she has already been here a month. I know time is going to go by way too fast again. Wade will be three in one month and that just blows my mind. Somebody said it so well..."the days are long but the years are so short." I love spending my days with these two sweet babies. I know I will blink my eyes and I will be doing a first birthday post.

Westin Kate you are just the sweetest little girl. I never knew I would love having a girl so much. You are a  much easier baby than your brother was (don't tell him that!!) You hardly ever cry and if you do it is because you are hungry or need your diaper changed. We are so happy to have you here with us and we can't wait to watch you grow and change. Please don't grow too fast though. We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment