Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bad Mom award!

Ok so if there was an award for not noticing something was wrong with your child I would win for this week. Wade is one of the happiest babies I have ever been around. All day he laughs, smiles and plays and he goes right to sleep for his naps and bedtime without crying. With that said the last couple of weeks he has been waking up crying and not wanting to sleep at night. I did think it was strange because he has been sleeping through the night since he was 9 weeks old but I just blamed it on teething. Once you get him up out of bed he is smiling and laughing again. There were one or two nights that he was pretty fussy and wanted to be held. Usually some tylenol would do the trick. Well after almost two weeks of this I decided to just call the doctor since it was still going on and I could not see anymore teeth coming in yet. To my surprise they wanted to see him that day. I figured she would just tell me it was probably his teeth. So yesterday Josh and I took him in to see the doctor. We saw the same doctor Ashley and I used to go see. Well sure enough something was wrong with him. His four top teeth will be making an appearance any time now and he has a double ear infection???? I was shocked. He has not been fussy and has not had a fever etc. The doctor asked me if he had had a cold and it has been a couple of weeks since he had a runny nose.... so this entire time my sweet boy has probably been hurting from the pressure when he was laying down at night. Josh and I felt so bad. From now on we will always call when he is acting different. We started antibiotics yesterday and he will be on them for 10 days. We can also give motrin now that he is 6 months old so I gave him a dose last night. He slept much better. I am not ready for him to grow up yet but it will be nice when he can tell us what is hurting. I have not forgotten about his 6 month pictures... I will post those tonight. Now I need to go by him a new toy to make up for not taking him in sooner!

2 comments:

  1. My mom always told me that the three of us were the same way. She never knew we were sick.
    Hoping he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shannon! You aren't a bad Mom...it happens to the best of us. That was the way Owen was with all of his ear infections. All of a sudden, he wouldn't be acting like himself, but everytime, I just chalked it up to him growing up and changing his ways. When they don't show true signs of being sick (i.e. runny nose, fever, cough, etc) it is so hard to know that anything is wrong. I hope he gets to feeling better soon...and, don't beat yourself up :)

    ReplyDelete