Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wade Harrison

On April 4th, 2014 Wade turned 5- insert tears... I was fine with 4 but 5 has been hard. I think because he graduated preschool in May and is heading to Kindergarten in just a couple of months. He was SO excited about turning 5 and would ask almost daily if it was close to his bday. Since 5 is a pretty big birthday we decided to let him pick- he could have a big party at a bounce place or go to Great Wolf Lodge. Well thank heavens he picked the trip. (we are a little behind in going but working on that now!) He had been playing soccer every Saturday and we haven't had the chance to get away.

So we did a family party for him at his favorite pizza place in downtown Apex and then walked back home and opened presents here. We also did a little park party with a few of  his favorite friends. I think he had a great birthday!! The day before his birthday WK had her MMO so Wade and I went on a little date to get a bagel and then I surprised him with a trip to defy gravity-an indoor trampoline place. We had the best time-he wore me out. He picked out a lemon cake from whole foods and he was so cute-he said I am really sorry if no one likes lemon cake but its my favorite and since its my birthday I really want it. Good thing we all love lemon flavored cake and oh my whole foods has the best cakes!! Not sure why I am just learning this.

Preschool ending was hard for me. I know he is ready for kindergarten but I am not ready. He has been home with me for a long time and we are going to miss him. He however is going to the same school I went to and he is going to be a walker just like I was!!  I love that they are growing up on the same street that I did-never in my wildest dreams did I think that would happen.

Here are some pictures of my favorite 5 year old!!


 
Josh went and got balloons and put them all over the house the night before his birthday!!


 
Friend party at the park!

 
This child will still nap when he is really tired-he has napped quite a bit this Summer

 
His new Razor scooter!!!!!



 
He loves her so much :)

 
This one makes me sad-He had the BEST teachers and we really miss them already

 
He turned 5 and one month later he pulled his tooth out- he has pulled two out now

 
 
Here is what else he is up to:
  • weighed 51lbs at his check up (and was so brave and didn't cry when getting shots!)
  • was 45 inches tall (he was 93% for weight and 82% for height)
  • sleeps great and sleeps 10-11 hours every night
  • will nap if he is really tired but doesn't most days
  • loves anything super hero or ninja turtle
  • loves his baby sister
  • did not want to go to Kindergarten but for some reason in the last 2 weeks he is SO excited about it!
  • LOVES soccer-played for the town of Apex and loved it so much
  • loves to play with his dad in the front yard
  • is so silly and has so much energy
  • loves to draw pictures
  • working really hard on spelling some words and has even read a word or two
  • is doing some math and loves doing his Kindergarten work book in the afternoons
  • has lost 2 teeth now
  • loves to sing and make up rhyming songs (thanks Mimi!!)
  • is on swim team for the first time and is really starting to enjoy it-we had our first meet last Tuesday-he is best a free stroke and breast stroke. We need to work on back stroke ;)
  • loves to pretend he is a super hero and fight and hit things (such a boy thing??)
  • he loved preschool and was really sad when it was all over-he misses his friends!


I am sure I am missing a bunch on this guy too but he really is a good kid. We just love this silly, kind, wild and funny boy. We are so proud of you Wade Harrison and I know you are going to do great next year. We love you and can't believe you are 5 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment