Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memorial Weekend 2013

We had such a great time at the lake for Memorial weekend. The weather was great and not too hot and we spent a lot of time outside. WK loved it-she was so little last year but this year she is really going to enjoy it. She is an outside girl for sure. When we were leaving the lake we told her to "tell the lake bye" and she waved at the lake the entire time we drove past it. Josh got a new paddle board and we are so excited to try it. The water was cold so we didn't get in yet. We are hoping that we can try it when we go this weekend.



We grilled out, rode the boat, spent time with family and relaxed!! WK is following in her brother's footsteps because she LOVED the golf cart. If we were not riding on it she was at least standing and playing on it. I think she liked it better than the boat. She did enjoy running back and forth on the pontoon from my dad to the front of the boat. Wade of course loves driving the boat and sits right with dad the entire time.  He is actually getting pretty good at driving the golf cart. On Saturday while we were there there was a boating accident on the lake. It was so sad-a speed boat was going to fast and hit a pontoon boat. It killed a pregnant mom and her three year old son. The dad and brother were also on the boat but they were ok. Everyone was so sad for that family-such a sad tragic accident.

Love this sweet face and cheesy smile...Wade did not want to cooperate with pictures :)





 Wade also got to shoot a BB gun for the first time. Dad and him had a great time shooting at a paper cup!!


I got to spend some time with my Grandma and I was so thankful for that. We sat and talked while Wade played for a long time. I think she is doing ok but she is still so sad. She told me that its hard because he isn't coming back. She also told me that before he died he told her that "he didn't know what he would have done without her all those years." So sweet. I still can't believe he is really gone and feel so bad for her. It has to be hard to loose someone after being married for 67 years. I did find out that Wade is a family name after all-funny story because Granddaddy even said that Wade was named after his first cousin and I never even knew he had a cousin named Wade. His name was Wade Thompson and Grandma said he was a great man. I can't remember if I already blogged about this but it looks like we chose a family name after all!

I just love this picture of my Dad and his family. I think this is one of the most recent one's that we have. My grandparents neighbor (who is wonderful and takes great care of them) Rick is also a photographer on the side and he took a lot of the pictures that we have of my Granddad and Grandma. We are so thankful he took all of these!!




She is a Pops girl for sure!!



And this one is a Daddy's boy!!









 Love this picture of the three of them and WK looking up at them and smiling. She was so funny in the life jacket. It was a little big for her and she just wasn't sure about it!




 Poor thing...she kept falling over when she would try to walk around while the boat was moving :)





 My crazy Aunt and mom trying to get some sun while we were riding!!



Such a tired girl!!




I have the exact same pictures with Wade and Pops. My kids just love riding on lawn mowers and golf carts. They always have so much fun!




Rick was down at the lake with my Uncle and he took these three pictures for us!






No comments:

Post a Comment